Missionaries to Mexico
Jerry & Marty Collins
Twentyeight years have passed since the First Baptist Church of Milford Ohio commissioned Jerry & Marty as Missionaries to Mexico. Jerry & Marty Collins are church planting missionaries with a desire to see people saved. Their ministry began in a remote mountain city in the state of Chihuahua. They spent 15 years in the ministry there. In Guerrero, they established the Iglesia Bautista Calvario along with several other village churches. The main reason for success was the starting of the School of the Scriptures Bible college in which men were prepared for the ministry. A Bible printing ministry was also started.
In 2003 the Collins’ moved to the coastal city of Los Mochis, Sinaloa, a city of 500,000 inhabitants. They have started the Iglesia Bautista Fundamental (the main church) and are preparing to expand the ministry with a Full-time Bible college and Printing Ministry.
God has blessed with the purchase of property and in 2010 the construction began to be able to house the Bible College and the Printing ministry.
The Bible college and printing ministry has been operating in a part-time format, but in January, 2011, Jerry’s father, Bro. Verlis Collins, will join him to get the Escuela de las Escrituras underway. The printing ministry, Imprenta Bautista Costera, will team up with Bearing Precious Seed of Milford, OH to begin a project of one million scriptures to the cities and villages of the West Coast of Mexico.
Apartado Postal #1622
Los Mochis, Sinaloa 81200